What is it?
The BlueDuino Rev2 is an Arduino compatible microcontroller development board based on the ATmega32U4 IC with Bluetooth 4.0. a.k.a. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), built in. Just plug in the board and your ready to start programming! It’s the easiest way to get Bluetooth 4.0 in your project!
The BlueDuino Rev2 is tiny size Arduino compatible dev board. It’s built-in a cc2540 BLE module. The BLE module can work as master or slave mode.
- Built-in CC2540 BLE module
- ATmega32U4 running at 3.3V/8MHz
- Supported under Arduino IDE 1.0.6
- On-Board micro-USB connector for programming
- 4 x 10-bit ADC pins
- 12 x Digital I/Os (5 are PWM capable)
- Rx and Tx Hardware Serial Connections
Firmware For CC2540
The firmware for CC254x BLE module named ZeroBeacon.
- Application iBeacon simulation / iBeacon sniffer / BLE Sensor
- Support UART transparent transfer.
- Support AT commands
- Support upgrade the firmware by serial port.
Open Arduino IDE and choose board “LilyPad USB” to start playing with your BlueDuino Rev2 in just a few easy steps.
How it works
The CC254x module communicates with ATMega32U4 through the HardwareSerial Serial1 (RX1, TX0).
Please refer the wiki for more information.